Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Practical mental health skills and awareness training is a key component for creating a safe, healthy workplace where the mental health and physical health of employees are valued equally.
We give people the tools to support their own mental health and that of their colleagues and encourage them to access timely support when needed.
We’ll work alongside you to deliver training that complements and enhances your existing wellbeing strategy, if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll get you started on that journey and guide you along the way.
We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially reach out to someone before a crisis happens.
We have our own training facilities within our local offices and a training team that will be assisting you with this course.
To meet COVID 19 restrictions we are limiting the number of people on each course so book with us soon.
This enables our equipment to be shared 2:1 wherever possible and all participants receive their own disposable face shield for rescue breaths to use throughout their course. Gloves and hand sanitiser is always available but participants are asked to bring their own face coverings for close up work etc bandaging and head to toe assessment.
Each participant will be temperature checked at the start of the day and clearly. Each venue is risk assessed to ensure candidates can be two meters apart for the theory teaching. Anyone showing COVID symptoms are asked not to attend.
Why Choose us?
- Meet the core standards
Help meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the Government’s Thriving at Work report.
- Quality assured
Every MHFA England course is delivered by a qualified instructor who has completed the Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health. MHFA are the only provider of licensed Mental Health First Aid instructor training in England.
Our instructors provide a safe, inclusive learning environment and are trained to support people throughout the whole course.
- Internationally recognised
- You’ll be joining a global community of over 2.6 million people around the world who have trained in MHFA skills. In England, we have trained over 400,000 people.
- Community interest
As a community interest company, our profits go back into driving our social mission – to spread mental health skills and awareness.
- Evidence based
- Our courses are written by experts, grounded in research, and tested by people with lived experience of mental ill health. Research and evaluation shows that MHFA England courses make a lasting difference in people’s knowledge and confidence around mental health
- Duration: 2 days
- Content Covered:
- Quality mental health training, underpinned by a robust wellbeing strategy, gives people the tools to keep themselves healthy and support each other. It can also help to:
- Quality mental health training, underpinned by a robust wellbeing strategy
- Building employees’ confidence
- Encouraging people to access support early
- Empowering people with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive in work
- Promoting a mentally healthy environment,
- Embedding a long-term positive culture across the whole organisation